Friday, September 4, 2009

Checking in



If you were a fly on the wall in the Linkletter household over the last week, here's what you would have experienced:


1) I started on my healthy eating plan-we are one week down as of Tuesday.

How would I describe it you ask?

hard-great-difficult-imperfect-growth-grace-grumpy-more grace-
still learning-excited-progress-still crying out


2) Signed Justin up for fall ball

He's wanted to play baseball since last year, but we missed the deadline because of all the craziness with Sammy. They asked Tim to coach his team and he agreed. We are all pretty excited to get to support Justin this way. We went to his first week of practice this week. We are relieved that Tim will have help coaching. We really feel like this was placed in our lap from the Lord and are excited to see His plan play out in it all. Justin's first game is on Saturday.
I am happy that he finally gets to play, he's waited along time!

3) Wrote out our goals for homeschooling this year

Tim and I sat down and discussed our goals for our family for the upcoming school year, we start on September 8th. I found a planbook specifically for homeschooling and it has different areas for spiritual, academic, physical, social, and character goals. It was so helpful because it focused me on the right things for our family with the big picture in mind.


4) Flu shots/flu mist-yuck!

Sarah had her 10 year old check up on Monday-we are just a few months late on that one! While she got a clean bill of health, we all walked out with either the flu-mist or a flu shot. We have never had that vaccination; but because Sammy is so little, she highly recommended it. Sammy ended up with a fever that night and Sarah had a fever on Wednesday. I just felt under the weather for a few days while Justin went unaffected as of today. I hope it will be worth it come flu season. I highly doubt I will be signing up for that again anytime soon-at least for myself.


5)The Name Game

Kind of funny. I've been called a lot of different derivatives of Missy believe it or not. To name a few: Mitsy, Misty, Messy and even Dnissy! But this week topped them all. Our neighbor sent us an invitation to her church social and it was addressed in her hand writing "Missen Linkletter"! Yep-Missen....hmm what is one to think of that? :)

6) Our memory verse of the week

Our church has a memory verse every week. We have decided as a family to memorize each verse on a weekly basis. I hope to share it with you on a weekly basis.

Our verse for September 6th is:

" I am the Lord; that is my name; my glory I give to no other; nor my praise to carved idols."
Isaiah 42:8



*The above picture was taken right after we finished dinner a few nights ago. I just loved how the sun was shining on our memory verse...reminded me of just a glimpse of His glory!


Until next time,

Missy













No comments: