Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths".

I have known Proverbs 3:5-6 for a good number of years. I have memorized it, sang songs to it, and lately, I have been meditating upon it. Two particular ideas in the verse have really ignited my interest;

  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart: I think I might ponder this for the rest of my life. What does it look like to fully trust Him with all of my heart? To me, it means that I let go of the neat and tidy compartmentalized life where I choose to obey in some instances and pretend that I don't know that I am disobeying in others. It is the stepping on your toe's kind of obedience; what goes into my mind, what I watch, what I read, what I listen to, what I eat. To quote my husband Tim, "Its putting everything on the table" and allowing God access to all areas of my heart. This is most certainly a day by day, minute by minute transformational process. ( Might I add that this is only done by the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit and abiding in Him- 1Corinthians 6:20, John 15)


  • In all your ways acknowledge Him: To me, it's proclaiming what He already knows, He's on the Throne. He is Creator God and I am His creation. He's my Potter and I am His clay. Acknowledging that He's sovereign God and that not one circumstance that takes place in my life or this world is a surprise to Him. He is in all things, above all things, He is God. There was no other before Him and no other after Him. This "acknowledging" brings me to a place of surrender.

Is there anything better than His Word?....I think not!

1 comment:

cheerios mom said...

Hey Missy!

This is my life verse! I LUV this passage and have found myself clinging to it with ALL MY HEART over the years! Hugs! :-) M